photo BUTTON-1_zps32514c55.jpg photo BUTTON-2_zpsadccaa9b.jpg photo BUTTON-3_zpsf762b8f9.jpg photo BUTTON-4_zpsb7cfdda3.jpg photo BUTTONS-5_zpsdce514d2.jpg photo BUTTON-6_zpsfe2dfce6.jpg photo BUTTON-7_zps3b0bf5f6.jpg

Monday, June 2, 2014

FOUND.



It's been quite a few weeks since I've been out on a good treasure hunt, and this weekend was just what I needed. It's funny, when we're out and grabbing up miscellaneous things like they're gold, people definitely question it. The lady who sold me the mini rake, was all like, "What the heck are you going to do with that thing?!" and I was all like, "Well you see, I have this peg board in my craft room, and I was going to use it to hang stuff off or as a mini shelf." And then the lightbulb went off and she clearly understood the necessity of it after I explained it (obviously.), but that's only one time of many that I've had to explain myself. I mean, I get it. I'm just this 5'0 nothing tiny girl, who looks fifteen but is actually twenty four, and I'm all like, "Hey, can I buy that thing that's sat in your garage for thirty years? Oh no, it's okay, go ahead and leave that rust and chipping paint on there, it adds to the charm." It's great really. Definitely a spectacle to see. Let's talk about that xylophone though. It's from the sixties and has a serious swoon factor. I mean one day I will have a kid you know, so why pass it up now. We won't mention that I also bought a rocking horse. And obviously it is not pictured, because I don't want to look totally crazy, because it is crazy. But one day I'll share it and you'll get it. Promise. Thus concludes this weeks found, and my new obsession of collecting baby things for my non-existent child. It's not as weird because my best friend/partner in treasure hunting crime is pregnant, and what am I supposed to do when we are looking in the baby/kid section? So give me a break, okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment