photo BUTTON-1_zps32514c55.jpg photo BUTTON-2_zpsadccaa9b.jpg photo BUTTON-3_zpsf762b8f9.jpg photo BUTTON-4_zpsb7cfdda3.jpg photo BUTTONS-5_zpsdce514d2.jpg photo BUTTON-6_zpsfe2dfce6.jpg photo BUTTON-7_zps3b0bf5f6.jpg

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bridal party proposal: a love story.

Okay, so the headline might be a tad bit of an exaggeration, but basically.  I have four bridesmaids, a flower girl, and a maid of honor, all of which I love dearly and definitely could not do without, and this was a little way to make my own proposal for our special day. I'm always eager to make a box/jar/etc. 'o fun for someone; so clearly, I couldn't resist for such an important occasion. I wanted to do something simple that incorporated some bits of the wedding. This is what I came up with:

I cut up tissue paper in our three colors for the confetti and added in gold sequins for the pops of gold we are going to use. I'm in love with water color so a splash on the hearts - a must. I alternated our wedding color palette between the main fabric on the mini embroidery hoops and the embroidery floss I used to hand stitch their first initials. We're going to make all of our own flowers out of paper (more on that later), so they each got their own mini flower. I jotted a little note on the bottom of each heart, after I "popped the question" and that was that. A simple way to show them how much they mean to me and how excited I am to have them right beside me on my special day [and along the crazy road leading up to it, ha!] Glitter ribbon tied into a little bow finished it off and they we're hand delivered to my special ladies. If I can be quite honest, I am really excited for more opportunities to give little gifts like this, because nothing makes my heart fuller then giving little pieces of it away to the people that I love.

There is so much more wedding I'll be sharing, so keep up! January is coming quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment