photo BUTTON-1_zps32514c55.jpg photo BUTTON-2_zpsadccaa9b.jpg photo BUTTON-3_zpsf762b8f9.jpg photo BUTTON-4_zpsb7cfdda3.jpg photo BUTTONS-5_zpsdce514d2.jpg photo BUTTON-6_zpsfe2dfce6.jpg photo BUTTON-7_zps3b0bf5f6.jpg

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Repurposed Jeans: American Flag

So, I made dj this flag for his birthday (last thursday) and I had to do it secretly in one day. It was really fun, and obviously is not perfect, but I really dig it. I wanted it to look kind of ragged and worn and I didn't want any of the stripes to be perfect. All I did was cut strips out of two pairs of jeans, cut out the back pocket, and cut stars and the USA (which I traced from a cookie cutter) from the inside of the front pockets, and sewed em' together. For added fun, I used the waistband of one of the pairs of jeans and just sewed it along the edges to look like the "binding" of a real flag. Dj was so excited when he saw this, it made my heart smile. I love making him a handmade gift to go along with almost every occasion because it really adds a personal touch and a little more love to the gift, ya know?  What are some special things you've made for someone? ps. This could technically be part of my 24 by 24, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment