photo BUTTON-1_zps32514c55.jpg photo BUTTON-2_zpsadccaa9b.jpg photo BUTTON-3_zpsf762b8f9.jpg photo BUTTON-4_zpsb7cfdda3.jpg photo BUTTONS-5_zpsdce514d2.jpg photo BUTTON-6_zpsfe2dfce6.jpg photo BUTTON-7_zps3b0bf5f6.jpg

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A watercolor print

The last couple of days I've been working on a project for my very best friend while she was away at her  Thirty-One conference. It was the perfect print to help complete her wall of random, and the perfect quote she came up with that really describes both of us to the T. It was simple and fun to make, and I love how natural and organic the outcome is. I grabbed some watercolors, watercolor paper, and letter stickers I had laying around and started laying out my quote (be sure to press firmly down on your letters so they don't start peeling up on the corners).







































I tried not to let my brush get to wet while I was going over the letters because the water was starting to seep underneath. I also lightly went over the letters as to not move them accidentally and get paint where my letter should have been.

After I painted the whole paper I peeled up my letters and hung it! I really like how this came out and I can't wait to make more prints like this one. What are some fun ways you've experimented with making your own quote prints?

No comments:

Post a Comment